Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: an M4 shouldn't have to be just a dream
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:55:05 -0400

Last Friday John Shick wrote:

"I picked up a very reasonable looking M4 at Hunt's in Melrose a few months
ago...  The best way is to find on not working too well and know a very good
and inexpensive local Leica man."

Uh, John...

Is your "very good and inexpensive Leica man" in the Boston area, perchance?

And, speaking of Hunt's...the best Leica deal I ever made was from them.  It
was around 1984 and I was sold a beautiful M2 (complete with an old
collapsible 50mm Summicron) for $400.  It was so inexpensive because a) it
was "only" an M2...not a fabled M3, and, b) the bottom plate was scuffed and
engraved with the name of the original dealer in Stuttgart.  Frankly, I
thought the engraving was really cool!  Besides, the rest of the camera was
near mint.  The lens focusing helical was a little sticky, but...what the
heck...it was essentially a "freebie" anyway.

Craig
Boston

Message from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: an M4 shouldn't have to be just a dream)
Message from john <bosjohn@mediaone.net> (Re: [Leica] RE: an M4 shouldn't have to be just a dream)