Subject: [Leica] 30th Anniversary :-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 07:36:30 -0700

Howdy Gang,
A few Luggers & Luggettes helped Henning and Tanya Wulff celebrate their
30th wedding anniversary over in Vancouver Sat. 24.  It looked more like
a Leica convention to the other guests as Tom Abrahamsson, Henning and
myself were carrying 5 M's in view. And I believe Tom had another in his
MIB ("Man in Black") shoulder bag.  Formal occasion.;-)

It was a wonderful captive audience who enjoyed the "Leica photo
attention" given to the crowd as Tom and I were "snapping" all insundry
& having a great time.  Henning got a few in, but was really the
congenial host.

The prize subject for me was a moment when I spotted a very beautiful
young lady with features that had me thinking it was a model whom
Henning knew .    Me. "Henning, there's a gorgeous young woman in a
green dress here, I'd like an introduction as she's beautiful and for
the project I'm shooting she's just the subject."  So off we go looking
for her and? The beautiful girl is ........  Henning & Tanya's daughter!
:-) WOW!

Well I'm not going to go into how great the photos "should be?" that's
bad luck, but if I've blown this I'm quitting! Well not quite, I'll be
on the ferry back to the mainland re-shooting in the blink of an eye.
Besides, she's so gorgeous I think if she just looked in the lens the
camera itself would record her fine features. :-)

However, if she looks on film as beautiful as she looks in real life, my
Leica M6 with a 1931 Summar 50mm used wide open, is going to have a
smile on the lens.  Let you know later, we're souping this morning. Oh
yeah and the film?   Neopan 32 rated at 12!  Don't ask, I'll tell you
after the souping.

As the event wound down and we enjoyed a warm Vancouver evening, setting
sun and Leicas well used,  we closed in congratulating Henning and Tanya
one more time. Thanks Henning & Tanya. for a wonderful celebration and
great Leica moments.

Tom, Tuulikki, Irene & ted

Replies: Reply from c.blaue@bmsg.de (Re: [Leica] 30th Anniversary :-))