Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder Effective Base
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 23:06:53 -0700

I believe that that is the reference to the "notch" in the finder that when
using the 50 mm lens shows the depth of field at f/16 (top mark) and f/5.6
(bottom mark).  I think that this was a "feature" of the late M3s and M2s. It
is used with the split image rangefinder image.  Personally, I have never used
this "feature" as it seemed rather convoluted.

Regards, Bill Larsen