Subject: [Leica] Rubber finder ring smudges glasses...cure???
From: "Peter M. C. Choy" <pmcchoy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 21:17:42 -0700

I've have good success on my M3 with black neoprene O-rings, commonly
available in well-stocked hardware stores. They may work well with M6s as
well, although the size may not be the same. Take the camera with you to
size the ring properly -- you want one that fits around the eyepiece snugly
but without stretching, lest it pop off.  They cost about a quarter each.
Mine stays put on the M3 and keeps the eyepiece from touching (and thus
scratching) my eyeglasses.  If the ring wants to pop off, a dab of Super
Pliobond is the right adhesive to secure it.  Don't know if an add-on O-ring
on an M6 would solve the smudge problem, but given the 25 cent investment,
it may be worth a try.

Basking in California,
Peter C.