Subject: Re: [Leica] Eyes with Summaron: Any Good?
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 10:10:55 +0100

Bud Cook wrote:

> Doug,
> I've used both the RF-Summaron and the RF-Summicron on my M3.   The eyes do
> present some distortion.   I finally sold my RF-Summicron and bought a new
> 35 Summicron.  Unless or until I get another camera body, I've been using a
> method a LUGger suggested.   I put a piece of black electricians tape over
> the center frame window.   This blanks out all the frames in the viewfinder
> and I simply use the outer edges of the window for framing.   It seems to
> work fine.
>
> Now if only I could come up with a way to use a 75 Summilux on an M3...
>
> Bud

Seeing your into black tape, cut a cardboard mask for the front viewfinder
window that corrisponds to the coverage of the 75mm lens, you can figure out
some sort of black tape hinge or simply carry a supply of tape with you. How
about velcro?
John Shick

Replies: Reply from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Eyes with Summaron: Any Good?)
Message from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Eyes with Summaron: Any Good?)