Subject: Re: [Leica] sync at 1/500 sec
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 00:45:13 -0400

I got all excited when I read about the F100 and SB-28 and those high
speed flash speeds.  I had visions of fast film outdoors with matrix
balanced fill in flash.  Alas, upon further investigation it seems that
the high speed mode only works on manual ... no TTL at all.  Better than
nothing I suppose, but not that lightning quick ability to let the
camera do the thinking.

It works by pulsing the flash output so that some light is produced
during the slit's entire movement.