Subject: Re: [Leica] Deals we shouldn't oughta have made
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2000 19:33:45 -0700

On Fri, 23 June 2000, "Walter Levy" wrote:

> In the spirit of the recent "Stupid photography mistakes" thread, I suggest
> this "Deals we shouldn't oughta have made" and I'll offer my sad tale of woe
> (or is that woeful tale of sadness?)  Sold a lovely IIIg with 5cm
> collapsible Elmar(?) for $400 in the 80s.  The guy who bought it sent his
> wife in while he waited in the car (probably for a quick getaway!)  She
> plunked down the cash, grabbed the camera and was off like a shot.  $400...
> sheesh!
>
> Anybody else want to step up to the plate?
>
> - Walter

How about *giving* a IIIG back to the old guy who loaned it to me?  I was a college student in the early 1970s, and he told me to keep it over summer vacation.  I knew I wasn't returning in the fall so I gave it back.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!