Subject: Re: [Leica] my camera should work for _me_ not t'other wayround....
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 12:01:03 -0500

With all due respect Arthur, the reason Leitz changed things was simply for
cost and they did it long before the M6.  I don't think the M4 shutter was
any different than the M2/3 shutters (or even later ones).   In any case, I
don't think that the adjustments that were taken out had much to do with
shutters.  I think it's more to do with the viewfinder/rangefinder.

BTW, this is being posted by an idiot that once traded a nearly new M2 for a
used Nikon Ft and who turned down a brand new 50th Anniversary M4 w/35
Summicron for an amazingly low price because I was worried that I'd be
afraid to use it.

Bud