Subject: Re: [Leica] CF or FF Lens
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:41:06 +0200

I know that Leica sais so, but my slides proved them wrong. Of course it is
not ONLY the cardboard mounts which hold the slides in a way the CF lens is
designed for - how could the slides know?

The unmounted slide has a certain curvature. In the cold state it is curved to
one side in the hot (or dry) state it is curved to the other side.
Mounts which do NOT hold the slides very tight, e.g. cardboard mounts or Hama
DSR mounts provide enough space to let the slides move: very good for CF
lenses.

However, before plopping the CF lens is worse than the FF lens, because the
slides are curved to the wrong side. With the FF lens it doesn't matter too
much because the border area shows in the plopped and the unplopped state
approximately the same amount of out of focus.

My advice: find a dealer who lets you try both lenses.

Christoph

BTW, I will buy my next projector (RT-m) with the CF lens and a
Super-Colorplan