Subject: [Leica] leica loupe
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:36:12 +0200

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:46:24 -0400
From: "Jim Olson" <jim851@hotmail.com>
Subject: [Leica] loupe
I just saw a leica loupe in my local photo store. I was very impressed but
confess I know nothing about loupes or how to judge them . Has anyone used
this one and how does it compare to the contax, etc
Jim Olson

<<<<<<<<<<
I'm using a loupe i picked up off a friend called a macromax 5X which seems
to be the fore-runner of the Leica loupe. Made by EMO, Wetzlar. Has the
same slide/film holder set up as the leica loupe. I like it a lot because
it's the only loupe I can really see the whole slide, plus it's got
terrific diopter adjustment (+/- 2) so I don't end up with bad eyes afer an
hour of peering like i do with the Nikon loupe.
I think this must be optically the same as the one you're looking at.
Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36
41100 Modena