Subject: Re: [Leica] LEICAUSA: That ain't no customer, that's....
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:06:52 -0400

> On this subject there is another wholly owned subsidiary of a German camera
> company in the USA, Arriflex. They are well known for professional 16mm/35mm
> and 65mm movie cameras.. Lets face it there are certain realities that
companies have to face particularly if they are a small volume company. So
personally I would never buy grey market
> Leica gear, I figure that it is worth it to pay a bit more to keep Leica US
> alive and well.
> Steve
> Annapolis

I will also point out to those who several weeks ago, including me, wrote
about the 35mm-70mm low production run that that number  would be a large
run of any Arriflex item.  There is no real danger of Arriflex disappearing
from film competitors, just electronic capture equipment down the road.  Yet
there are reasons to compare Leica/ Arriflex( quality, design, loyal user
base) and see reasons not to fear the demise of our dearly loved little
boxes and their special glass.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander