Subject: Re: [Leica] E-Bay Advise
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:06:19 -0500

I've bought lots of things on ebay, including several LTM lenses, and have
had very positive experiences.  The only two items that were clearly
defective (a light meter with a broken strap connection, not visible in the
ebay photo, and a Visoflex with a mirror that would hang up and block part of
the frame) were immediately accepted for return and refund by the sellers,
one of whom even reimbursed my shipping charges both ways so that I was out
$0.00.  Both of these sellers had lots of positive feedback.

Admittedly I've not bought a camera on ebay (yet,) and would be especially
careful about descriptions of condition in such a deal, but based on my
experience you will pass up an enormous source of goods if you simply refuse
to look at ebay at all.

Cheers,
Kip

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] E-Bay Advise)