Subject: [Leica] Re: LEICAUSA: That ain't no customer, that's....
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:58:21 -0700

John C.,

Thanks for the very interesting description of a national distributor's
business model. I never thought about the complex arrangements that they
need to make with the manufacturer. It seems to be very plausible.

Although I've also bought non-USA product at a discount, I always assumed
that I would eat the cost of repair if I ever had to send the product to
Leica USA for repair. It's kind of a calculated gamble where I expect the
product to be working perfectly when I initially purchase it, and I'll pay
for the cost of any repairs should it get damaged when I'm using it.

John G.