Subject: [Leica] OK...money where my Leica is
From: "Walter Levy" <wlevy@jhmi.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:58:45 -0400

After reading the varied responses from LUG members (interesting range of responses which speaks well for the wide-ranging points of view represented by the membership), I went back and had a second look at these images.  Facing.jpg, IMHO, approaches Kyle's "would I hang it on my wall?" test.  There's a nice interplay of shapes and tones, especially in the upper two thirds of the image.  I would have probably cropped some off the bottom of the image.  It's nicely abstract yet doesn't hit me as entirely impersonal.  To me, it says something about the spritual closeness that can be a part of a sexual relationship between lovers.  It doesn't quite ring my bell, but I think it's the best of the lot.  Among the rest, several of them strike me as uncomfortably close to a man dominating a woman sexually which is not what Michael intended, I don't believe.  This kind of work is difficult to do well.  If Michael is doing this with high-minded intent then he should be encouraged.

- - Walter