Subject: Re: [Leica] "Click"
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:49:52 -0400

> I wonder if any of you shares my fascination with the sound of the Leica
> shutter.  To me, there is certainly a pitch, and dare I say, a timbre,
> to the
> sound of a Leica rangefinder shutter release.  What's more, each Leica
> model is different.  The M2 has a different sound than the M3, in spite
> of the same
> body size.  And the M6 is of course very different from its
> predecessors.  The screw mounts as well are a world of sound in
> themselves, and it is astounding to me how the iiif RD sounds so very
> different from the iiif BD.
> And the sopranos of the screw mounts, the smaller bodied iii A and it's
> predecessors also have a unique sound.  I do have a favorite.  I believe
> the M2 is not only the best camera ever made, but the most musical by
> far.  Anyone else share this madness?
>
> Damian

Damian,
I do NOT think i share your "Click" madness but I do agree that Leica
shutter releases make a different sound. All Leica rangefinders are quiet
but I have noticed a difference between the different models that I have.
So, I would have to say that my 111G makes the most noise, then the M3 with
my M2 being the quietest.

Steve
Annapolis

http://www.streetphoto.net