Subject: [Leica] New media website
From: "Jim Laurel" <JimLaurel@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:39:23 -0700

Hello fellow Leica Users,
Please take a moment to have a look at my latest endeavors at:

http://www.spectare.com

We have three new galleries on line:
- - Carmelo - Legacy of the Hacienda
- - Focus on Myanmar
- - Journey of the Magi

In the Magi digital media gallery, you will find Quicktime surrounds, with
digital video clips from the expedition on the way coming soon.  Be sure to
check out the Myanmar media gallery where you can hear digital audio
recorded on location.  As with Magi, this gallery will also soon be sporting
DV clips.  Please note that you will need Quicktime 4 to play the surrounds
and streaming audio.

The Myanmar and Carmelo galleries were shot exclusively with Leica M6
cameras.  You Noctilux fanatics will get a real kick out of the Myanmar
gallery, as several of the shots there were done with that lens.  You'll be
able to tell whick ones.  The Magi gallery was done with a combination of
Canon EOS1n film cameras and Nikon/Kodak DCS460 digital cameras.

The first of the dispatches is up too, a short travelogue with photos,
recounting an interesting trip to an old coconut plantation on the island of
Cebu, Philippines.

Enjoy and please let me know what you think.

- --Jim Laurel