Subject: [Leica] "Click"
From: Damian Dlugolecki <damian@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 20:47:05 -0700

I wonder if any of you shares my fascination with the sound of the Leica
shutter.  To me, there is certainly a pitch, and dare I say, a timbre,
to the
sound of a Leica rangefinder shutter release.  What's more, each Leica
model is different.  The M2 has a different sound than the M3, in spite
of the same
body size.  And the M6 is of course very different from its
predecessors.  The screw mounts as well are a world of sound in
themselves, and it is astounding to me how the iiif RD sounds so very
different from the iiif BD.
And the sopranos of the screw mounts, the smaller bodied iii A and it's
predecessors also have a unique sound.  I do have a favorite.  I believe
the M2 is not only the best camera ever made, but the most musical by
far.  Anyone else share this madness?

Damian
- --
http://www.teleport.com/~damian/strings.htm