Subject: Re: [Leica] flash sf20
From: lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 16:15:41 +0200

John Collier wrote part:

> (snip) It also is impossible to use
> the flash with the visoflex attached, where it would be extremely useful, as
> the prism is right over the hot shoe. I am going to pick up a vertical
> magnifier and see if I get Nikons SC-17 TTL cord on but as the cord points
> forward it looks a little doubtful perhaps some exploratory surgery on the
> SC-17 is in order.... I will keep you posted. My recommendation is that the
> SF-20 is a great flash.

John,

With the M6TTL and the SF20 I now use the short Contax TTL cable (1,5 m).
Big advantage: the cord is on the left (hand) side of the adapter (the
one which is plugged in the body's hotshoe).
That cable is also much less cumbersome than the Nikon SC17 (that I also have).

Don't be fooled by the fact there is no third supplementary contact on
the Contax cable.

The M6 and the R8 don't use that third contact.

Lucien