Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Quality limits with Epson 1270
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 14:34:01 -0700

><Snip>
> > image.  My
> > calculation is that the final print will have about 218 dpi.  Anybody have
> > any experience with "stretching" the digital image that much?
> >
> > Thanks............Julian

A photographer friend of mine down the street has a wall filled with 11x17
inkjets from earlier Epsons, the 1200 I'm pretty sure and they look great and he
is a very successful and excellent photographer.
I usually go letter sized buy my occasional forays into larger sizes have been
just as successful.
I have a 13x19 super A3 sized on my refrigerator which looks pretty OK from by
Epson 1200!
And your printer is supposed to be a step up so I can't see how you'd not be pleased.
Although I'm not sure this is really going to show you the big difference
between a modern Leica Asph apo whatever lens and better Nikon or Canon optic.
But you got to use a Leica Rangefinder camera to shoot it!
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: Quality limits with Epson 1270)
Message from "Gerry Walden" <gerrywalden@cwcom.net> (Re: [Leica] OT: Quality limits with Epson 1270)