Subject: [Leica] Flash bracket
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:37:27 +0200

Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:34:17 PDT
From: "Philip Kokoczka" <philip63@hotmail.com>
Yup-the subject was correct. As anti-Leica as it may seem, I need to use a
flash for some wedding photos comming up. Because of the off-center tripod
mounting hole on the Leicas, they don't mount on flash brackets very well.
What is your experience with flash brackets? Which work well for the LUG
members? (I need one which will "flip" so to keep the flash directly above
the lens with both horizontal and vertical shots).
Thanks,
Phil
<<<<<<<<<<<
Stroboframe looks good and has the flip effect. But if it's only one
wedding you might do better just mounting the flash in the hotshoe or
holding it off camera with a flash sync cord. The Stroboframe is expensive.
I'm doing a wedding in a couple of days - my first - and will be using the
flash off camera with a 24, on camera with the 35. Not ideal, but this is
where the M falls down, IMO. Fortunately I'm only assisting a more
experienced wedding photographer, so it should be fun.
Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36
41100 Modena