Subject: [Leica] Your Favorite Photo...
From: "Sandy Carter" <sc-photo@home.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:04:31 -0700

Hello all Leica Users!

Some of you might know me... Sandy Carter... I work with Ted Grant...

A friend of mine is working on a new book project entitled: My Favorite
Photo. If you are interested in participating, please read the following
info and request.

Thanks for your interest.

sandy
temporary web site:
http://www.portfolios.com/photog/sc-photo

~~~~~~~~~
My Favourite Photo

Request Letter and Waiver:

I WANT YOUR FAVOURITE PHOTO

I'm working on a book of photo-stories entitled My Favourite Photo. If you
have a Favourite Photo that you can part with for a while, and can tell me
in a small paragraph (up to 150 words) why it's your Favourite Photo, you
may soon see it in print. It does not necessarily have to be a photo you
shot yourself, but please don't send a photo for which you do not hold
copyright. In your description of the photo, tell what it is about this
particular photo that stirs your emotions - simply put, state your personal
reason for loving the photo. It doesn't even have to be a fabulous photo,
just one that, because of the memories and feelings evoked, really appeals
to you. If the exposure or colour balance is off, or if it's scuffed or
stained (which may even add to the appeal of the photo), no worries, as I
can enhance it digitally if needed. Perhaps it depicts an event, a trip, a
funny experience - it could simply be a photo that you feel is so well
executed, that it just has to be shared. Subject matter is wide open. The
main criteria is that YOU LOVE THIS PHOTO for what it means to YOU.

Color, Black&White, or sepia-toned photos can be sent to me in any of the
following formats:

1. Negative strip with the number of the frame clearly noted with your
description. (Please do not cut the strip.)

2. Slide (35 mm transparency)

3. Print (no larger than 5 x 7 inches).

For purposes of publication quality, I cannot accept emailed submissions,
although you can email me your story, with a note that the photo (or
negative or slide) is on the way. Don't forget to include your contact
information (including email address) with both the photo and photo-story. I
shall endeavour to return all photos quickly and safely. If you prefer (for
security) you may wish to make a duplicate slide or print for submission,
but this will still be returned to you, unless you indicate otherwise.

Please print off and sign the waiver at the bottom of this email, and return
it with your photo and photo-story to the address at the end. This gives me
permission to use the photo in the book "My Favourite Photo." If you are
unclear on any of these instructions, please contact me.

Thank you for your time and interest. I look forward to seeing your
Favourite Photo and its story in the mail soon. I shall email you upon its
receipt. After publication, I shall do my best to obtain a copy of the book
for all owners of photo-stories published.

Sincerely,

Tricia Timmermans

- ---------

TO: TRICIA TIMMERMANS, PHOTOJOURNALIST, OF 106-2768 SATELLITE STREET,
VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA, V8S 5G8.

I HEREBY IRREVOCABLY CONSENT TO AND AUTHORIZE THE USE AND REPRODUCTION BY
YOU, OR ANYONE AUTHORIZED BY YOU, IN THE PUBLISHED BOOK "MY FAVOURITE " OF
THIS ENCLOSED PHOTO, NEGATIVE (# ....), SLIDE [CROSS OUT WHICHEVER IS NOT
APPLICABLE]. I AM OVER NINETEEN YEARS OF AGE.

SIGNATURE                                           PRINT NAME AND ADDRESS

WITNESSED BY                                      PRINT NAME AND ADDRESS

- --------

Tricia Timmermans

Photo-J Inc.

106-2768 Satellite Street,