Subject: [Leica] Re: bike theft , now Zorki
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:13:00 -0700

Doug Herr wrote:
> > Now I'm paranoid about my Leicas. I usually keep all my photo stuff in a
> > huge gun safe when not on my person. I was getting sloppy, but no more.
> > Dave

> A couple of weeks ago my van was broken in to and a bunch of stuff was taken - HP calculator, reading glasses, cash, credit cards, etc., etc. - but not the 560
>
> Between my own gear and the stuff Gary has loaned me there's too much for me to keep secure.  Gary asked for his 180 (f/3.4 APO) back and I'm glad to be reliev

Hi Doug,

     Sadly, my newly aquired Leica IIIf with a Canon 35/2.8 was in my backpack
when it disappeared in an unguarded moment.  I bought a Zorki I with the
50/3.5 to use for the moment.

     This Zorki looks like a screw mount Leica from a distance.  There's no
slow speeds or 1/1000, no strap lugs, and the quality of finish is lower
than Leica.  But I need the camera with me at all times.  It was only
about $60.

					Cheers,

						     Rich Lahrson
						     tripspud@wenet.net