Subject: Re: [Leica] Tell Me About This Lens and Charlton Heston
From: Sonnar502@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:57:52 EDT

Ooooop!  I think I hit the send button too soon!  Sorry folks!

Otherwise, good ol' Dave pointed out:

I have a standard "newspaper" test I use on all lenses. I didn't quantify
the results so this is subjective. But IMO the new 90/2.8 was significantly
better (contrast and resolution) than either of the other two lenses at
f2.8 and f4. The result was clear cut enough that I sold the older lenses
and I have no hint of regret.

As I said, I've owned and used many 90s and the latest Elmarit is my
favorite, hands down. Further, the filter size is the same as my 35/1.4
ASPH. I only need a single set of filters when I carry those two lenses.

HAving only one size filter to lug around (the E39) is very convenient for my
as well, since both of the Summicrons take it too.  And I just know I'd love
the new Elmarit-M if I could buy one.  For now though, well, the Tele works
great.  I'm going to resist looking at the link you included, DAve, so as not
to depress myself.....

Scott