Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:12:29 -0700

Joe,

While I definitely agree that this list is in great need of more discussion
of technique, who the heck are you to declare that anyone's family photos do
not "justify the expense"?  There are many of us for whom those "snapshots"
are more beautiful or important than any other work of photography that has
heretofore been created!!!!  I have photos of my family taken with expensive
equipment, Leica or otherwise, that could not have been taken with other
equipment -- do you suggest those memories of my children growing up are a
waste of the equipment as compared to the possibility that those lenses may
have been used by another to make a published  image that paid the
photographer's rent one month and will be tossed out when the next week's
issue of Time arrives?  That photo of the INS grabbing Elian will probably
win a Pulitzer, but I doubt Ken Lisaka would trade his Noctilux shots of his
child's birth for it!

Tom Schofield