Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:41:05 -0400

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:36:03 -0700, "Joe Codispoti"
<joecodi@thegrid.net> wrote:

>Could it be that aside of a few LUG professionals and others who make good
>photos for a living or for profit, the rest of us are too concerned about
>the latest, sharpest, bokehest, and microcontrastiest instead of art, soul,
>and content?

Uhhh, guilty as charged, your honour!

There's a bit of a double-bind at work here, though.  Leicas are
expensive, so most of us who own recent versions tend to have good
jobs.  Good jobs usually require that you put most of your available
energies into them.  Putting all your mental and emotional energy into
your day job leaves you with less than you need to come up with the
pictures that will justify the photo-bauble you can now afford.

Frankly, I took better pictures 30 years ago with my Spotmatics and
Soligor lenses than I do now with my M6's, Apos and Asphs.  I am
praying that the reason for this lies in having the time to dedicate
to the craft and to carefully look at and think about the world around
me.

So for the time being, I make do with assembling the tools I will need
to make the Next Great Canadian Photoessay, when I finally have the
time and energy to think up a topic and execute on it.  And along the
way, I can make the sharpest, microcontrastiest, bokiest twinky snaps
you ever saw :-)

Paul Chefurka

Message from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!)