Subject: Re: [Leica] Tell Me About This Lens and Charlton Heston
From: Sonnar502@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:16:12 EDT

Hi gang!  I'm back......

FWIW, I love the TE too and can see no justification for my photography (not
to mention my wallet) to go after the new 90/2.8, although I've always heard
it's a fabulous lens.  As I guess I mentioned a while back, one of the key
points of the Leica M system for me is its portability and the Tele-Elmarit,
although maybe not '"up" to the standards of the newest iterations of that
focal length, sutis that mission perfectly.  I did go put and play with it
some yesterday at a local club baseball game going on and found it great.
It's even pretty easy to aim it through the chain-link fence!  Now while I do
I lot of low light stuff, I seldom find myself using or wanting f2 with the
90 -- mainly cuz of the depth of field problems that always crop up for me.

So!  I think you've a got a good thing going with your decision.  For me
anyway, the tote-around power of the Tele is perfect (even though I know the
new one isn't all that much bigger) and I doubt I'd really see a huge
difference in my pix to buy a new one.  Now unless, of course, someone wants
to donate their forlorn, lonely new 90 to my cause ;-)

Scott