Subject: Re: [Leica] Adventures with a Fluke meter and a M6TTL, rated G
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:31:29 +1000

David Prakel wrote:

> As a long time R4 but brand new R8 user does anyone have any opinions about
> how and when to switch the R8 off? Switching the meter off between shots
> seems obsessive but can you leave it on all day, or for a half-hour session
> of shooting, or what?

I leave my R8 on all day when doing nature work and team shots.  No
problem with battery drain, 'cause after 14 seconds (or whatever) it
turns itself off.

I always turn it off when putting it in the bag.

Here's a trick.  I've you've pre released the mirror, then the shot flys
away, you can save the frame like this.  Turn the camera off (which
causes the mirror to drop) then  turn it back on.  Then press the rewind
button and advance the lever.  You're now back to where you were before
the bird flew.  Being a film miser, I like this feature.

Regards

Rick Dykstra