Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 10:37:53 -0400

Rick Dykstra wrote:

> Tell us about your biggest, worst, most enlightening, whatever,
> photographic screw up.    Might save some of us from doing the
same.<<<<<<<<

Rick,

I can't top Ted's story (thank goodness, touch wood, etc.) but I did
once accidentally process some rolls of Ilford Delta 100 in Multigrade
print developer. I had been doing lots of printing and just
automatically grabbed that bottle and diluted it 1:9. I realized about
half way through the processing when my eyes happened to rest on the
offending concentrate bottle, so with a fluttering heart I extended the
development by 50% and amazingly, I got away with it. The negatives were
a bit thin and contrasty, but they printed up adequately for the 5x7
glosses that the job required, but I wouldn't recommend this particular
film/developer combination.

And needless to say, the client never heard about that one!

Simon Stevens