Subject: [Leica] For your viewing pleasure
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 19:01:12 -0400

On my latest trip to Vancouver, I didn't bring any cameras.  Instead, I
simply went from one end of Tom A's toy cabinet to the other, trying every
conceivable combination of odd things I could (although nothing quite as
kinky as the 1937 90mm f/4 Elmar lens head bolted via OUAGO and 14167
adapters to an R7 I use at home, but hey -- I was a guest, so I figured I'd
better be on my best behaviour, right?)

Anyway, halfway through my foraging I came across the Fuji TX-1 (also known
as a Hasselblad XPAN when dressed in a dinner jacket).  Pop some old FP4
into it, head down for the beach one morning, and Robert's your father's
brother.

(Some) of the results of this can be seen at:

   http://www.ida.liu.se/~marho/vpan/

A few amateurish prods at the LF contemplative-style stuff (which usually
bores the unmentionables out of me, but I could really get into this
paranoi... eh, panoramic, stuff), and one or three familiar faces.  I also
afforded me the opportunity to play with duotones in Photoshop, so chances
are it'll all look like crap on your computers ;)

And since this brings back such wonderful memories, many thanks to Tom,
Tuulikki, Ted, Henning, Arthur, Barnack, and anyone else my senile mind may
have forgotten.  (BTW -- If you ever want to feel like an old fart, hang out
with Ted for an afternoon.  They say age is a state of mind: well, Ted's
living proof of a septuagenarian teenager ;)

M.

[Technical details for the those of you into that stuff: Fuji TX-1, 45mm
f/4, Ancient Ilford FP4 (not FP4+), Agfa Rodinal 1:100, Epson Expression
1600 Pro Firewire, Adobe Photoshop 5.0.2]

- --
Martin Howard                | "Once you understand the process of co-
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU  | ordination, it's much easier to avoid.
email: howard.390@osu.edu    | Knowledge is power."  -- K. Christoffersen.