Subject: Re: [Leica] Tell Me About This Lens and Charlton Heston
From: Sonnar502@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:48:43 EDT

Hmmmmmmm.  Now you've got me thinking: will the 12585 fit the "STE"?  Hold a
sec and I'll go check.  But before I do, I fear it'll be even worse
shade-wise than the rubber one -- which does actually work OK.

Well, golllllyyyyyyy, Gomer! It does fit.  Looks kinda shallow, though.
Still, might be an alternate choice.....

Hey.  Who was mentioning the Series 5 filters with the rubber hood?  I guess
that makes sense, but my question then, is, if you're supposed to use series
filters, what on earth are the threads on the otside of the retaining ring
for?

What a nifty lens this thing is, though.  Kinda .... svelte
scott

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit Filter Stuff - Avert your eyes BD)