Subject: Re: [Leica] Sylvia Plachy
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 14:52:21 EDT

Well let's see. Her photos seem dreamy,  technically poor, unfocused and
mostly pointless. Also amaturish and not "well seen."  Sad in a way that I
find .... depressed and depressing; she sure sounded depressed when I heard
her speak.   I guess part of the problem is her (eastern) European
sensibility and her overwhelming sense of loss.  I just don't get it, but I
know many people do. She did seem like a very nice person. BTW, I lived on
Ave. B before it was fashionable too. Arthur