Subject: [Leica] Leicaflex SL Lenses
From: AppleMac97@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 01:19:02 EDT

Many of you read my post some days ago about the Leicaflex SL and what a
rugged and reliable mechanical camera it is.........Well, I couldn't resist
the temptation any more!  I have just bought a black chrome Leicaflex SL in
excellent condition.  The seller will mail it to me next week.  Now I have to
get some lenses for this beauty!  If I remember correctly, this camera can
use both 2-cam and 3-cam lenses, but not R-cam-only and the new ROM lenses.
Should I buy the somewhat cheaper 2-cam lenses, or buy 3-cam lenses which can
be used on this camera and also on the R 3/4/5/6/7/8 cameras?  I don't own
any one of the R cameras at present, but the R6.2 or R8 is a possibility in
the not too distant future!  Is there a significant difference in quality
between 2-cam and 3-cam lenses?  I would appreciate any advice and
suggestions from you folks!  Thanks!

Muhammad Chishty

P.S.  I know that a camera as old as the SL will need CLA soon.  Any
recommendations as to where I should send it?  And how much will it cost?

Muhammad R.K. Chishty, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Finance
Graham School of Management
Saint Xavier University