Subject: Re: [Leica] MC Meter Cell & Leicameter MC
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 18:02:30 -0600

I meant to imply, unsuccessfully, that the selenium cell meter (when used as
a reflective meter) will give exposure values of differently coloured
objects that, if followed and evaluated properly, will result in tones that
are close to how we perceive colour. The film's ability to record those
colours is, of course, a significant factor in the end result but is not
much of a factor in meter choice. Many meters show a marked colour
sensitivity, resulting in reading variations of a stop or more between
similarly toned but differently coloured objects.

Cheers

John Collier

I hope that clears it up :-) , and, sorry if it does not :-(.