Subject: [Leica] RE: Tienamin Square Photo
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 20:38:38 -0400

Donal,
    While, the Turnley twins were at Tienamin Square, or at least one of
them, (they are almost interchangable), I have to disagree with you.
    Magnum's Stuart Franklin got all the acclaim.
    As a Black Star photographer, myself, I can not remember ever seeing the
tank picture in our files. (I'm in the NYC office about once a month.)
Display prints would have been all over the place, and it would have been
enter in the Pictures of the Year Contest, and it wasn't.
    Also, from what I heard the longest lens used was a 400mm by the AP
shooter, it was a 400mm Canon f/4.5 in a Nikon mount but with out
auto-diaphragm, he shot color negative, and over exposed it. The rest of the
shooters appraently had 180s.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.