Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 18:58:03 -0700

john wrote:
> Kodak made it in 120 briefly, but I don't know why they quit. Probably not an
> economic success.

Hi John,

     I shoot about 8 to 10 rolls of the 120 Kodachrome when it was available.
I heard something about a group of fashion photographers using it rather
extensively, at the time, for it's unique look, about the time it was dropped.

     Kodak has never pushed the documented archival dark storage quality
of Kodachrome.  My parents went on a 'round the world trip in '56 and as
a boy of 10, I got to tag along.  Dad had a Voigtlander Vitessa with an
f/2 Ultron, without a meter or even accessory.  Kodachrome was 10 ASA than
and available in remote places.  The Kodachromes still look good!  Ektachromes,
a few, from that era have shifted colors.

     I guess it's not a good selling point because it would imply that Kodak's
other E-6 films are not as dark storage archival.

					Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net

Message from Peter Jon White <PeterJonWhite@PeterWhiteCycles.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome)