Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome
From: "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:22:34 +0100

Raimo

I have shot a few rolls of K25 since I got my M6 and, although I agree that
the images do have a slight cast, I am impressed with the clarity and impact
of the images.  Others that have seen them have also remarked on them.

I am not however a professional photographer so perhaps the cast is not as
important to me as if my living depended on colour accuracy etc.  I can of
course do some correction in Photoshop.

K25 seems to be readily available in pro shops in the UK and the mailer
service seems to be efficient.  Things rarely get lost in the UK postal
system, but then we do not have the volume of mail that exists in the US and
other countries.

I would definitely shoot some more K25 but also stick with RSX II and Fuji
slides.

Simon

Amateur efforts at http://www.phoenixdb.co.uk/leica

Raimo Korhonen wrote:

> The May 2000 Practical Photography has a huge colour film test - K25 is
judged "long in the tooth" - poor colours with magenta cast (good grain and
sharpness, though) and K64 "good for portraits" - lack of saturation, bland
colours (sharpness and grain excellent). My own experience is quite similar.
> In my 37 years of photography have lost only two films in transit - 2
Kodachromes and both at the same time. They contained some not repeatable
images of stormy sea taken aboard a ship. I was not amused.