Subject: RE: [Leica] Portrait Lens: 90mm or 135mm?
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 09:17:48 +0200

Hi B.D.,

I do disagree (politely, I hope). I guess it depends how you see the world. I
use mainly 50 then 90 mm because the pictures I'm interested into are often
unseen details of a whole situation. Moreover, I like to squeeze various
dispersed elements in the same frame. Telephoto perspective compression helps.

Second point. If you wear glasses, wide angle frames of the Ms are hard to see.
I can't see all four sides of the 35mm frame with a 0.72 body at the same time.
So, when I have to use a wide-angle, I'm much more comformtable with a reflex.

All the best,

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)
Systems and RDBMS consultant (MCSE)