Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux and natural light
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:20:19 -0700

Bob and Tina and Sal and others talking about flash...
I've seen Sals shots and his flash is "justified." If there is a light in the
room illuminating your subject they don't need to know that it only exists for
1/20,000 of a second and is synced to your camera!
Lets not forget Smiths most famous Minimata; a flash shot which was done with
bounce strobes as we've discussed often on this list before.
A flash on a short coiled cord with TTL or the sensor on the Hotshoe and I'm
king of the woild!
Without the cord even just bouncing of the ceiling and it looks not at all like
a flash shot! (or side wall)
Especially black and white where you are not worrying about a yellowed ceiling.
I've got a friend who feels he can spot a bounce flash shot and he may be right
be we can say he's got a trained eye.
Mark Rabiner