Subject: [Leica] lens serial number
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 14:28:50 +0200

well, I never thought I'd be doing it but here goes:
I'm renting a second hand lens from a shop here for a shoot, and I'm
curious to know what it is i've got: a Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8 #2257612 with 90
engraved in small white numbers to the right of the DOF scale. Is this fat,
thin, when was it made? It's close to mint. I'm curious because the shop is
selling it for around US$900, which seems a lot to me for such a lens,
given the price of the new Elmarit-M. Maybe it has some collectability
significance? More likely the stupid prices of leica gear, even secondhand,
in Italy.
Thanks for any info. I won't be buying it whatever!
Ciao
Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36