Subject: Re: [Leica] Views on the Leica 135mm f/2.8 Elmarit M
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:52:33 -0700

Bud Cook wrote:

> I would recommend buying the f/4.0 135 Tele-Elmar.   The older version which
> requires a separate hood would be a good buy.
>
> This lens has always had a great reputation and is smaller and lighter than
> the f/2.8.   There is a persistent rumor that the Tele-Elmar meets the APO
> criteria of some manufacturers (if not Leica).
>
> Bud

Reading Erwins views on it might just get you to be more interested in the 3.4 APO.
http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/m/tests/M34-135.html
It put a new meaning to that focal length for me and the previous F4 left a lot
of people cold.
For me with the 3.4 the Leica system definitely extends to 135. Before I could
see how most people would be happy with the 90 being as long as they needed.
Now I extol the full 135mm's worth of Leicaness for the M System!
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Views on the Leica 135mm f/2.8 Elmarit M)
Message from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> ([Leica] Leica World Magazine now available in English for the general public.)
Message from "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> ([Leica] Views on the Leica 135mm f/2.8 Elmarit M)