Subject: Re: [Leica] HELP! I'm slipping!
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:33:25 -0400

I wrote:

"I've just acquired a single stroke M3 (#834 399) in gorgeous shape except
for one little problem.  The film advance works normally, but, tends to slip
past its stop.  Whassup?"

And, I reply:

Well, I called Sherry Krauter...and she gave me an answer I thought I'd
share (in case anyone else suffers this problem).

Sherry sez:  "Your clutch is gone."

Gee, the last time I heard that was from an auto mechanic.  At any rate, my
M3 (serial # 834 XXX) is a double stroke converted to a single stroke.
Sherry says parts may be worn, or the technician who did the conversion may
have screwed up.  It can be fixed and is not horrendously expensive.

By the way, Sherry is recovering from major surgery and so needs to rest a
bit more than usual.  She is wisely pacing herself.

In light of this, I think those of us who have cameras in need of her
service should exercise some compassion and patience while she recovers and
not be too demanding of her time and energy.  We can afford to wait a few
days longer to get our toys back, can't we?   Sherry's a good friend to us
Leicaphiles and deserves our kindness, not our impatience.

Thanks,

Craig Roberts
Boston

Message from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> ([Leica] HELP! I'm slipping!)