Subject: Re: [Leica] One Eye
From: J Vaughan <sthawk_ontheroad@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:18:40 -0700 (PDT)

I shoot Everything Left eyed... Cameras, Bows, Rifles... But I am
Absolutely right-handed.
I use my right eye mostly to read with.  After 30 years of
Opthamologists telling me I HAVE to use both eyes together. I met a DR
in Boston who said "you have Mono-Vision" And says that as we get older
 we become more (this is confusing to me because I am BOTH)
Nearsighted <?> anyway  the trend has been to correct only one eye so
the elderly have one far sighted eye (corrected) and a nearsighted
eye... (This may be backwards...)

Photography has taught me how to IDENTIFY 3D. I don't see it the way
others do but I interpret what things are where, I don't walk into
objects and I do just fine on my Motorcycle. I think this is where the
photography has been a BIG help. I learned at an early age where
shadows fall. And to keep myself from walking into things I learned how
the objects look with different shadows.. I am really bad in flat
light.. I don't particularly like to ride the bike at night when I am
tired.
I played Baseball for ever... I could catch but couldn't hit the ball.
In college I discovered that my problem was that I would track the ball
to the plate with one eye and then as it got over the plate my other
eye would take over.. I started wearing a patch over one eye just to
play.
 but that was a hassle when I had to run....
So now I take photos, ride bikes and teach
 Have no worries Ted you are not alone. And it sounds like there are
several others who have similar eye problems.  Its pretty interesting.
I was told I had a rare problem surgeries didn't/couldn't fix it. yet
someone else here seems to have exactly the samething. I wonder if my
Dr. Lied to me...

Jeremy