Subject: Re: [Leica] Paris et al
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 02:40:02 -0700

Laurent SAMINADAYAR wrote:
> 1) Maybe the law will change with Europe. In a sense, Europe is more
> "federal" than US: european laws concern everything, including cheese
> and meat!!!!!! Crazy..

Hi Laurent,

     Yes, and Germany has strict laws about brewing beer, hundreds
of years on the books.  Here in the US, there's no regulation and
the beer is sludge.  Also, cheese, we have Velvita, not a top contenter
for the cheese gourmet.  Then there's MacDonald's hamburgers....
well you have THAT as well.  Are they regulated differently in
Europe than the US?

     In the US the Food and Drug Administration exists to oversee
food products.  As long as the product states 'imitation' in
small print on the mayonaise, it passes inspection.

					Cheers,

						Rich Lahrson
						tripspud@wenet.net

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Paris et al)