Subject: [Leica] Paris & Tripod
From: Laurent SAMINADAYAR <saminadayar@labs.polycnrs-gre.fr>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:33:23 +0200

Excuse me, you are completely right. The term "public place" refers
to airways station, airports etc... Probably a french lawyer coul
clarify this point. I remember that a couple of years ago, I made a
video report on the homeless in a raiways station in Lyon. I asked to
the police in the station, and they answered "no problem... but be
carefull" and showed a couple of guy that would not be happy to be
interviewed ;=)

Of course, the law applies to publication, not taking picture of a
monument. I think that the publisher is responsible, and not the
photographer. But I'm not a lawyer!!

Best regards,

Laurent.

Does the term "public place" apply that broadly in the law you describe, or
is there a narrower definition (like airports and train stations) that would
still allow me to take a picture of my family standing in front of the
Eiffel Tower?   Does the prohibition on photography apply to the taking of
the photographs, or just to the publication of them (as distinguished from
making prints for a personal scrapbook, etc?)
                      /\_/\
                      (0 0)
    _____________ oOO--(_)--OOo_____________

    Laurent SAMINADAYAR