Subject: Re: [Leica] Apo-90 lens cap
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 22:11:45 +1000

Erwin Puts wrote:

> The first series of the Apo-Summicron-M 2/90 Asph had a  very small distance
> between the front ring (for filters) and the front lens. In the later series
> this has been enlarged. If any one of you owners of a 2/90 apo, feels his
> front lens and  the lens cap might touch, you can send the lens to the
> distributor and he can change it.
>
> Erwin

Hello Erwin,

thanks for your info on this.

Do you happen to know the serial number for the changeover, between the
first series with the rather close lens cap/filters, and the later series?

Also, do you know if the change means that the effective length of the
lens hood is also longer, and by enough to matter?

Nevertheless, I'd probably not be inclined to change mine, having
established that the cap isn't touching the front element.  And having
confirmed that the one I have is a cracker of a lens.

Regards

Rick Dykstra