Subject: [Leica] 24mm finder needed w/M6 .78?
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 08:34:46 +0200

Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 10:20:35 EDT
From: ZaaX@aol.com
Seems to me I read a while back that some .78 M6 owners that have the 24mm
lens do not use a separate finder. It was stated that the edge of the cameras
finder is "pretty close" to being equal to a 24mm finder. Is this true? I
would prefer to not use a finder if possible. How much larger would the field
of view be for the .78 model Vs the 24mm finder?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Zack Schindler
N8FNR

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
It may be so, but who wants to be peering around the edges of the built-in
viewfinder when you can have a much brighter and more accurate one which
gives you the full field of view at a glance? This "the built-in viewfinder
is good enough for me" approach has always preplexed me. Fact is, the naked
M6 has severe limitations when using focal lengths outside the 35-50 range.
The 24 is a terrific lens which deserves a good viewfinder. After all, the
leica is supposed to be quick and easy to use, right?
The only drawback to the accessory finder is the difficulty of using flash
on-camera - you can't.
Rob.

Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36