Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux viewfinder blocking
From: Peterson Arthur G NSSC <PetersonAG@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:00:21 -0400

I don't know, and so can only presume John is right, that the "M rangefinder
is more accurate than a SLR at 50mm."  But my question is this: given the
fact that with an SLR one is actually looking through the lens at (almost
always) full aperture, does it not then stand to reason that an SLR would be
able to focus any lens, of whatever focal length and whatever maximum
aperture, with sufficient accuracy for that particular lens?  I'm not being
argumentative, just asking what seems like a reasonable question.

Art Peterson
Alexandria, Virginia