Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Any Photokina New Products Rumors?
From: Uweflammer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 11:36:39 EDT

<<On the other hand, pardon my humble opinion, but why not go the other
way...build an M(7 or whatever) with the viewfinder of an M3 and and
accessory viewfinder for the 21, 24, 28 and 35mm ala (gasp) Nikon SP. Use the
inherent focusing accuracy of the rangefinder for the 'long' lenses, have a
near life-size viewfinder for viewing and focusing ease, and the accessory
viewfinder for the wider lenses where focusing accuracy is not as important.
And maybe throw in not (god forbid) AF, but matrix-type metering (certainly
attainable in the M body with today's technology) for those quick grab shots
where one hasn't the time to use careful metering techniques. Seems like the
dream Leica to me...>>

This is my dream, too! A combination of the benefits of the Leica M3 and the
Nikon SP, extended by todays advanced light metering technology, and a
state-of-the-art, compact, silent accessory motor drive. The ideal
rangefinder camera, ready for the 21th century!

Best regards
Uwe