Subject: Re: [Leica] velvia vs. provia
From: Peter Jon White <PeterJonWhite@PeterWhiteCycles.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 20:05:19 -0400

Why not buy a roll of each and try them? For less than $40 you can have far
better information about those two films than you can get here.

What possible value could anyone else's opinion have compared to your own,
especially when film and processing is so cheap?

In my opinion, Velvia gives every picture that "Warner Brother's Cartoon"
look, because of the ridiculously high color saturation. But so what?
Nobody should give a flying whoopy what I think. You're the
photographer/artist. You're the one making the image. It's only YOUR vision
that counts.

At 07:02 PM 5/16/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>a trip to the local photo shop today to buy some Velvia turned into a sales
>pitch for me to purchase Provia instead. Silly salesman, he swore by Provia,
>but I ended up buying neither, until further consultation. I formerly used
>Kodachrome (which I still do) but I need faster processing turnaround.
>Having used neither Velvia or Provia, could some LUGgers here who've used
>both give me the lowdown on what works best.
>Thanks, Dave
>dgf photojournalism
>http://home.golden.net/~tekapo

Peter Jon White