Subject: Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5
From: "rlb" <rlb@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 19:19:25 -0700

Dan:

I also have a G2 and when you are using it as a point and shoot the DOF is
usually not a concern.  Yes, the quality of the negs are excellent.   In my
opinion,  a few very small and overlooked features prevent this from being a
serious competitor in the rangefinder market.  The lack of the DOF scale is
one of them, difficulty in using in manual mode and distance in meters, not
feet.   At one time I was very anal about focusing the M and my inability to
see the rangefinder images was a real aggravation.  In the past year I have
learned to use the DOF scale and seldom use the rangefinder.    I think the
quality of my images and composition has improved dramatically.  I am not
spending less time futzing around with the rangefinder and more time on the
subject.   It would be a real benefit to me to have an auxiliary meter
diodes on the top of the camera as well.   Not going to happen so I want
spend anytime worrying about it.   The M still rules!

Bob B.

Replies: Reply from "Robert Stack" <ticino@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5)
Message from "AWSteg" <upstream1@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Thanks!! OT Nikon F5)